School-wide program practices for students and faculty: P.R.I.D.E.
Respect - show appreciation, consideration, and acceptance of yourself and others
Integrity - adherence to code of behavior
Discipline - strive for consistency to achieve goals and exceed expectations
Excellence - do your personal best and inspire excellence in others
- The counselors provide a comprehensive school guidance program supporting students and families in a positive, proactive, and holistic approach in a variety of ways, including:
Ideas to Improve
- We should always strive to provide a supportive environment where all students feel and believe they are respected and empowered to reach their full expectations, which can be measured by holding students accountable.
- Teachers collaborate with Administration and Counselors to implement disciplinary actions with students in a progressive manner. We also celebrate students’ successes often and with intention.
- Our continued communication and collaboration can be expanded to meetings at school with parents/guardians, thank you notes given directly to student, and communication home to give positive feedback.
- “Every student, every classroom, every day” is not just a mantra, but a way to build relationships with students to inspire academic achievement and promote personal growth that will carry on to lifelong learning.
- All Students need guidance in personal choices, as high school is the final transition into young adulthood and independence.
- All Students need a school climate that helps them define who they are and where they fit in the world.
How to Promote Resiliency and Mitigate Risk
- Administration, counselors and teachers provide a leadership role and personal touch of hope and optimism.
- We are proactive in enhancing students’ strengths and intervening with high risk behaviors to reduce the risk of harmful consequences.
- Students can count on us to respond and intervene when they fall.
- We can make students feel part of a family with humor, respect, and appreciation.
- We believe in second chances.